Business Background & Situation
The online arm of an Italian Leather Men’s Shoe retailer, Guidomaggi Luxury Shoes. They specialize in elevator shoes, shoes that add up to 4 inches of height to the person wearing them.
Their website was ranking poorly for their main keyword “Elevator Shoes” and their top two secondary keywords “Taller Man Shoes” and “Height Increasing Shoes”.
Upon analysis of the site’s backlink profile, we noticed the anchor text “Elevator Shoes” was almost 50% of all anchors for backlinks. This needed to change as anything over 12% of one anchor text can set up potential Penguin Backlink penalties. Based on this issue, we developed 15 variations of anchor text to use in our backlink activities to try to get that 50% for Elevator Shoes as low as we can.
J2H Digital’s SEO Strategy
In order to position the website on the 1st page of Google for it’s top keywords, we put together an 8 month link building plan to build authority and relevancy for the new targeted keywords.
- Identify blogs & online publications that focus on shoes, mens issues, and luxury lifestyle.
- Pitch article & blog post ideas to these otltes that centered on male height challenges & myths of elevator shoes
- Write and place articles with keyword links
Campaign Results After Eight Months
- Keyword: Elevator Shoes– went from ranking #78 to #12, a 66 point increase in rankings
- Taller Man Shoes– went from ranking #53 to #5, a 48 point increase in rankings
- Height Increasing Shoes– went from not being ranking in the Top 100 to a ranking of #10
- “Elevator Shoes” keyword went from close to 50% down to 25% of all anchor text
We Also Provide Consultation Services
We also help marketers who have the internal resources to perform monthly digital marketing campaigns but need expertise on developing a solid strategy. Please contact us to discuss the consultation arm of our agency.